[LAD] How well do thinkpad notebooks work for audio?

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 01:27:12 EEST

It feels like my several year old PC will crap out soon for one reason
or another, so I need a replacement, better sooner than later.
This time it should be a laptop and I heard that formerly IBM and now
Lenovo thinkpads are of good build quality, even if they only come
with intel CPUs and cost an arm and a leg.

So, do you have any experience with those for audio work?
I'd be most interested in the T and R series and more recent models.
Also helpful would be some data that's impossible to find on websites:
- What chipsets are built in?
- do the usb buses and the like share interrupts with something nasty
  like graphics?

Helpful commands to gather that data:
cat /proc/interrupts
lspci