Re: [LAD] students and copyright

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 15:45:00 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just out of curiosity, how many participants in this discussion are
> copyright holders ? How many of you have published works under copyright ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I programmed free software without using any code of other people, in
Germany I automatically have the copyright by doing this.
I not only worked as an audio and video engineer and a free software
coder, but also as graphic artist, in Germany I automatically have the
copyright for free and for saleable artwork. I also can automatically
loose the copyright when I sell artwork, but it's also possible to keep
the copyright after selling.

The EU might handle intellectual property different to other countries
and dunno, maybe there are differences between the EU and Germany and
maybe I'm mistaken because of actual laws.

I have a criminal record because I didn't go to the German Armed Forces,
today it's hard to become a record because of doing this. Laws will
change ;) and I'm not a lawyer.

A good reason for discussing the copyright issue, isn to know about it,
before somebody become a copyright holder ;).

Ralf