Re: [LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: Raymond Martin <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 21:08:29 EEST

On Sunday 02 August 2009 16:31:55 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > On Sunday 02 August 2009 15:49:52 you wrote:
> >
> > Any damage that resulted, real or imagined, can be traced back to the
> > originators release practices in not complying fully with the GPL. If all
> > things had been done to comply from the start then there would have
> > been nothing to discuss.
>
> I agree that this could have been averted by a more judicious
> application of protocol on Bob's part. You have forced the issue and I
> think both parties have tried to make their case in a professional and
> non personal manner. Although I haven't read all the posts so I can't
> really quantify that last statement.
>
> It seems that things are moving forwards though?
>
> I hope that you will continue to be motivated to contribute to the
> project now that Bob has released it to sf.net as that would appear to
> be your main reason for forcing the issue.

No. I have previously stated that I have a separate project for this now.

I am also working on a fork, because after reviewing parts of the code
I realize, as any professional programmer would, that this really needs
a lot of fixing. I am already fixing some parts for my own use and later
they will be put out.

One thing that should be asked is why is all the documentation not
available under a free license, just like the software? It is usual for
the documentation to also be free for modification and distribution,
or else further development is crippled to some degree by this
oversight.

And where are all the scripts, libraries, and so forth to create all the
distributable packages. GPL stipulates that they must be included.
Thus there are packages that cannot be generated with the Ant build
file that is included. This is another GPL violation.

So things are still not alright on the Impro-Visor project by their own hand
in regard to licenses.

Raymond