Re: [LAD] GPL Violation Alert! - Sorry if this is a duplicate

From: Nick Bailey <n.j.bailey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 10:33:22 EEST

On Monday 03 Aug 2009 21:29:48 Michael Fisher wrote:
> No problem. It's not really fair to put a 'skin' around free software,
> call it your own, and then sell it. The only thing I ask is that my
> name be left out of the letter that may be written to them. The reason
> is, that I personally know one of the staff members at the Beat Kangz. I
> just would hate to have it cause any trouble. My friend personally
> doesn't have anything to do with this violation, he just works for
> them. I hope that isn't a problem with you.

Well, calling it your own is out of order, but as long as they release their
source code as required by the GPL, then selling it is a Good Thing (TM). I
hope the LADs agree with me. I would certainly be delighted if my GPL'd stuff
(which isn't directly related to LAD) got sold. It would mean more GPL'd
applications.

I hope they decide to use the GPL rather than reinvent the wheel. Let's hope
Beat Kangz will see the light if the benefits are explained to them properly.

N/.