Re: [LAD] GPL Violation Alert! - I talked with the President of Beat Kangz Today

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 11:32:27 EEST

Hallo,
Sampo Savolainen hat gesagt: // Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> So, at least at the moment I'm leaning towards accepting the offered
> solution to the violation. Any thoughts?

I'd say, accept it. Beat Kangzs seem to be willing to fix their mistake, which
is all that this is about. It's not uncommon for companies coming from a
certain commercial/proprietary background to make mistakes when dealing with
the GPL. Even people coming from an open source background make mistakes in
regard to licensing, so it's nothing to get crazy about if it gets fixed.

Maybe you can point them to this page so they can learn some best practices how to
avoid such mistakes in the future:
http://www.gpl-violations.org/faq/vendor-faq.html

Ciao

--