Re: [LAD] GPL Violation Alert! - I talked with the President of Beat Kangz Today

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 21:18:38 EEST

> Call me cynical, and the plugin authors certainly have the last say,
> but there seems to be a rather large dose of hypocrisy going on
> here....

I think it would be safe to say that if this AJ character decided to
post here then things would get a little more heated and some anger
would be dished out.

It's probably a lot less stressful for him to attempt to keep a low
profile and try to deal with this off list.

In regards to the issue with impro-visor there is probably also a little
bit of assumed knowledge that he would be able to handle the debate as
he is from a university environment and obviously knows how to get
around a Linux system and therefore has probably experienced the
intensity of discussion that a list like LAD can bring out.

I'm not sure if it's hypocrisy? I think this is a different situation
being handled by different parties and being tackled defensively whereas
the impro-visor issue was forced confrontation.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

>>> ronaldjstewart@email-addr-hidden<mailto:ronaldjstewart@email-addr-hidden>