[LAD] dbus using up resources

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 10:32:17 EEST

Hi,

A recent observation has been made of the jack + pulse audio union that
it uses up a lot of resources when running. It's not the first report
that running pulse + jack causes things to overheat and lockup. The
report was posted to the jack-devel list a couple of days ago.

According to the original poster it is hald and dbus which are taking on
the extra load.

To me this sounds like an implementation bug in the jack or pulse code
as neither hald or dbus should consume extra resources beyond their
standard footprint.

Does anyone have an idea of why this could be happening? It's probably a
very simple oversight somewhere.

I'm gonna spend some time now to test my system and see if I can
reproduce it.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey