Re: [LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 16:24:16 EEST

Malte Steiner wrote:
> This is a wrong, you can be happy to have a basic windows system running
> in a half hour without drivers and the important security bullshit

First: I'm not using Windows.

People who do use Windows just take one of those illegal Windows "All In
One" media, push a button and in less than 30 minutes they have got a
stable Windows XP Pro with security upgrades, drivers and without any
WGA problematic. After that they install asio4all and than they run a
cracked package to get their audio software.

> Thats why I am against using cracked software, it hurts open source and
> just train the people for the expensive software packages like Photoshop
> instead of Gimp.

Full ACK. I never wrote anything different. I don't understand why
people run Photoshop on Wine, I'm only using GIMP and I would use GIMP
too, if I would use Windows.

But even if this is bad, it's the comfort you can have for Windows.

> That's a poor excuse. Your responses are often slanted towards Linux
> is bad, I like microsoft for professional use and in the public lists
> that you post on you rarely contribute anything useful.

Didn't you blame Ross for my words? I often were balmed for words of
other people and again, I didn't started it here, I just defended Ross.

>> I don't say that I find Microsoft easier.
>
> WTF?
>
> You did and you also said your friends do too.

No, this is a misunderstanding, maybe because of my broken English. Yes,
I've got friends that find Windows easier to use, I don't use Windows
privately. I just try to explain that there are illegal ways to set up a
Windows easily and that for Linux this could be done legal and I
mentioned that 64 Studio does! I disagreed with Ross!

You misconduct and use stupid jargon like "troll", without trying to
understand what I have written.

> I personally love this game so keep it coming.

It's not a game for me, I'm serious, because I like to have a legal
alternative for the averaged user, I like the idea of FLOSS, I
programmed FLOSS my self, Linux isn't the only FLOSS community.

This is my last reply to this issue, at the moment I'm helping people to
fix their Linux, so I'm short of time. I help them without comments to
use Google, this will make them using cracked Windows stuff instead and
this also would hurt FLOSS.

Btw. Patrick, please run ntpdate or sntp, it's hard to puzzle your
replies into the right order.

Ralf