Re: [LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 16:55:04 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On 08/06/2009 11:24 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>

>> Btw. Patrick, please run ntpdate or sntp, it's hard to puzzle your
>> replies into the right order.
>>

> Gnome issue with time setting...
>
> Thanks for pointing it out.

Phew ;) so you don't get me wrong :).

Now I should write that I know many people having time issues on Linux
too, but never on Windows :D. I'm just kidding, I never heard about
this. I run ntpdate manually, I enabled it being automated and I don't
like sntp, because I don't understand that there's the need to change
names for common commands ... but my favourite distro stays at ntpdate :).

Aaaargh, time to take a look at the clock.

It seems to be, that I have no time to annoy anybody now ;).

Btw. I subscribed to the list because I someone recommended it, while I
tried to program for Linux. But I never came above "Hello MIDI" ;).

Ralf