Re: [LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 00:47:45 EEST

>> entrance examination? :)

I subscribed to the list, because I needed some information when I tried
to program for Linux audio. I guess you want people to learn how to
program for Linux audio. What you're looking for is an attitude test,
not a test about programming knowledge. I've got knowledge about
programming, not about programming for Linux. You don't like my
attitude, but I hope you like other people who have the attitude that
you want, even if they don't have programming knowledge. (This is
another issue, but not that one OS might or might not be good, better or
what ever, so I guess I should reply :p)

Should all people have the same attitude? Especially should all artist
have the same attitude? :D

Btw. on user lists a user don't get some needed information, e.g.
actually about what kernel is fine with rtirq and what kernel isn't fine
with it, so it can become impossible to set up an audio Linux, another
reason why I'm subscribed to this list.

I'm and other users are responsible for my/their Linux installations, we
should use all available sources to get knowledge. Some, me too, do so.
In addition now you expect from users that they also should have the
same attitude?