Re: [LAD] how i think the gpl works under german jurisdiction

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 05:38:11 EEST

On Thursday 06 August 2009 20:34:37 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> because of a similar copyright law
> that someone from the list described and it seems to be the same for the
> USA and nearly every country,

If I understood what I have read in the past correctly and am remembering it
correctly, the FSF folks claim that in the US there is no contract involved,
there is just a pure license of copyright play. Also, iirc, this is important
to them as contracts are dealt with in state courts and injunctions would not
be available whereas copyright licensing is dealt with in federal courts and
injunctions are obtainable.

Open to correction and clarification by people in a postion to do so.

all the best,

drew