Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 13:51:08 EEST

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> Chris Cannam wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Raymond Martin<laseray@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> What possible counter-argument can there be left?
>>>

>> http://lwn.net/Articles/61292/ (same guy you just cited, explaining
>> why you're wrong)
>>

>> Chris
>
> "The claim that a GPL violation could lead to the forcing open of
> proprietary code that has wrongfully included GPL'd components is simply
> wrong."

For emphasis, I just want to paste that sentence (and the following
one) again for Raymond, with attribution:

Eben Moglen, attorney for the FSF: "The claim that a GPL violation
could lead to the forcing open of proprietary code that has wrongfully
included GPL'd components is simply wrong. There is no provision in
the Copyright Act to require distribution of infringing work on
altered terms. "