Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 17:44:36 EEST

> There are cases in the US, for instance, where people growing marijuana
> for their medical conditions have had their homes seized and never returned.
> No justice there. That's real police stuff.

Sometimes western civilization behaves like the Third Reich did, but for
FLOSS I never read or heard about such iniquities. The GPL is accepted
and in addition the copyright of a thief also is accepted. We can have
another attitude because of this, but the law says that a rip-off GPL'd
code won't result in confiscation of the thief's copyright.

Any dispute only can be about ethics, but not about the law. By ethics
you might or might not be right, but by law you're wrong.

I guess the sense of this discussion is to know about the law.