Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 17:52:15 EEST

Raymond Martin wrote:
> On Friday 07 August 2009 09:51:05 you wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> Perhaps you should read that paragraph again in the context of how
>>> this whole discussion came about. Known free software, with a history of
>>> being free, distributed under the GPL with the source code in the past,
>>> was not being distributed with the source code at a point by the very same
>>> people. So where would the altered terms be if the binary was decompiled
>>> and source distributed for the application under consideration?
>>>
>> This whole strand of the discussion came about because you had
>> threatened to release a decompilation of Bob's ***MODIFIED*** preview
>> release and I said:
>>

> Which was so obviously GPL to begin with. And was obviously intended
> to be completely under the GPL in any release.

That's true, Bob always said he only had no time to open the source,
because of his journeys, but as far as I remember he accepted the GPL
... a funny situation :D. So Raymond was allowed to decompile the software.

Anyway, this didn't change the fact about the law we were discussing ;).

Secret of Tux: http://images.wallaceandgromit.com/user_uploads/forum_thumbnails/5/75/355.jpg
"Gromit bit me" says HMV dog: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_03/GomitHMVPA_468x319.jpg