Re: [LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

From: Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 16:08:21 EEST

>> Well I don't want to get into qt as I don't need these dependencies(and
>> qmake)

For what is worth, Qt's documentation is simply superb (reference,
examples, tutorials), I suggest you give it a look, for me it was the
selling point.

http://doc.qtsoftware.com/4.5/index.html

You can use any build system you want with it as long as it takes into
account Qt's idiosyncrasies: autotools, cmake or scons are
possibilities I have toyed with, although in the end I haven't found
any reason to use anything other than qmake in my Qt projects.

About dependencies, what are you referring to precisely?

It has its drawbacks too (dual licensing, non-standard C++ syntax
extensions...) but I find it easy to learn, powerful and well
supported.

Anyway, all toolkits are fine once you get used to them, just pick the
one with the more appealing features to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits#Comparison

Cheers,

Luis