Re: [LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 19:31:49 EEST

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 12:10 -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> Ick! Using the desktop theme is not bad! The user chose it for a
> reason!

The default GTK+ Theme in the incarnation of Mandriva I have here is
absolutely stunning and good looking ... But redraws at a crawl when the
machine is close to full rt-dsp load. Hey, you can even watch how it
paints the faders in gnome-volume-control from right to left when there
is no load /at all./ Really, an Atari ST is more responsive.

Another theme supplied with this dist (La-Ora Grey) looks almost as good
and works just fine under heavy load.

Now tell me again, what was the reason for choosing this theme rather
than that theme?