Re: [LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

From: Vincent Torri <vtorri@email-addr-hidden-evry.fr>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 20:59:51 EEST

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Vincent Torri wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>>> For me TOS is still the best OS for MIDI usage with external MIDI
>>> equipment, but this isn't true, the Atari ST's response is very good
>>> when using a Blitter, but very bad when not using a Blitter.
>>>
>>> For Linux I noticed, that when running into trouble because of
>>> resources, ION2 is a very good WM, but sometimes ION2 has got troubles
>>> because of some windows behaviour. I can't remember the applicatuions,
>>> but if I would be a coder for Linux, I would take care about WMs that
>>> are frame based, without any DE.
>>
>> Did you try Enlightenment 0.17 ? In addition, it is based on a powerful set
>> of libraries that can be used to create beautiful applications. Here is a
>> program that uses these libraries (media player):
>>
>> http://www.calaos.fr/pub/video/calaos_media_music.ogg
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Vincent Torri
>
> E17 looks well, but when I used it a long time ago on another machine it was
> disgusting experimental ;).

well, we work hard for a release, so a lot of things has been fixed /
stabilized. Maybe you can try it again.

> I can't play the OGG? Are you sure that it isn't broken?

I've just tried it before giving the link. Iirc, it uses theora as
video codec, so be sure to have it. You can try that one (the wall
paper selector of e17, using these libraries) if you still experience
problems with the ogg file:

http://www.rasterman.com/files/wp2.avi

Or try vlc or mplayer as video player.

Vincent Torri