Re: [LAD] VST host for testing plugins

From: Andres Cabrera <mantaraya36@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 15:11:30 EEST

There's also jost, which I've just tried to build on Ubuntu, but it
fails, (i had to add #include "memory.h" and #include "strings.h" to
get past most errors, but it failed anyway). Does anyone have a guide
for Ubuntu? (The guides recommended in the justice page point to a
locked blog...)

Cheers,
Andrés

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Dave Phillips<dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> victor wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> what would your suggestions be for VST/VSTi hosts for testing plugins
>> during development?
>>
>> Ideally I would like:
>>
>> 1. No frills
>> 2. Simple interface (GUI not even needed)
>> 3. Possibly a soundfile player
>> 4. A simple MIDI GUI interface if possible
>>
>> 3 & 4 are really optional as I can use external programs to do it
>> (although
>> it would be nice). The main thing is to be simple, load plugins on
>> request,
>> no sequencing or that kind of stuff (otherwise I would just use Ardour or
>> LMMS). Just sound in and out, plus some MIDI.
>
> Hi Victor,
>
> As it happens, I built and tested the latest FST and dssi-vst yesterday.
> Both worked well with the few plugins I tested. I suggest that you try
> both, they're very lightweight and easy to build and use. And you can't
> beat the price. :)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Andrés