Re: [LAD] is this a compiler issue??

From: Conrad Berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 18:42:01 EEST

Hello Tim,

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 15:48:58 Tim Goetze wrote:
> [Conrad Berhörster]
>
> >On Wednesday 19 August 2009 12:37:36 Tim Goetze wrote:
> >> It'd be a lot more helpful to see the full source but from what you're
> >> writing I'd be willing to bet you're encountering denormals.
> >
> >geeh, good point. So there is no opponent in betting with you ;=)
> >
> >anyway, as i have a quick read of http://ardour.org/node/139, my code with
> > the if wasn't a workaround, it is the solution, as long as the CPU isn't
> > a SSE, right?
>
> Again, that is awfully hard to tell without seeing the full source. ;)
i have used the afternoon to do some testing and reviewing my code.
Additionally i have read some things about denormals and SSE. It seems, that
the Problem only obtain on the AMD processor, which is a different machine as
my developing machine.

I try to understand the code, Jens had send. I found out, that it isn't the
volume parameter - it happened when i use only the sample at standard volume.

to be continued...

thanks c~