Re: [LAD] Auto-wah plugin

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 23:08:40 EEST

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:57:16PM -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> I had trouble with this, too. See my other post for "good" settings. The
> trick seems to be that the "Drive" and "Decay" settings are tricky and
> typically have a very small range of settings where they are sensible.

The 'Drive' setting is just a gain factor before the level/envelope
detector. You will have to adjust it to the input level you provide
to the plugin. It has a range of 40 dB which should cover even the
most extreme cases.

Decay has range of 50ms to 5s (with an exponential control law,
mid = 0.5s) which seems sensible to me. In most cases you'd use
the left half of the range but if you have long sustainded notes
on which you want a slow resonance frequency decay the right half
could provide what you need.

CIao,

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.