Re: [LAD] Auto-wah plugin

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 00:27:33 EEST

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Raymond Martin wrote:

> Okay, that gives me a little something. It still seems very light or minimal
> to what I am expecting. Perhaps this has something to do with offline
> processing in audacity compared to playing live with jack rack. Did you find
> it had enough depth? This seems to be missing for me.

If by depth you mean variation between heel and toe on the wah (sweep
range of the cutoff frequency) -- yes. In fact, it has too much for a
guitar... which is why it's a good idea to limit the range.

But yes, adding it to something pre-recorded will be different depending
on your attacks in the music. Also, according to Fons, the Drive setting
depends very much on the strength of the input signal.

OTOH, the resonance is a little narrow for my tastes. When the cutoff
freq. is low -- it's missing too many highs. When the cutoff freq. is
high... it cuts off too many lows. But this is just a taste issue.
Talking with Fons, he set the Q on the resonance to match a hardware wah
that he was working with. (Fons also said he would add a Q-parameter in a
future release.)

HTH,
Gabriel