Re: [LAD] VST SDK2.4 issue

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 22:25:24 EEST

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:46 PM, victor<Victor.Lazzarini@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> But the silly thing I think is that the macro is defined for __GNUC__
> and it clearly does not work with it. If I undefine that token, it's good.
>
> I don't like the idea of touch the sdk headers; I thought really they
> should work out of the box.

steinberg did not write the VST SDK headers to work with gcc. they did
port to IRIX, and so there are a couple of hints of unix-land
compatibility (e.g. avoiding the use of "main" as an exported symbol).
however, you need to accept that these headers target only windows and
osx compilers, not linux ones.