Re: [LAD] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 13:18:25 EEST

In the future I will test ladish. While I don't like jack_snapshot and
lash very much, I do like qtractor a lot.

I guess a good idea would be not to use a mess of Linux audio apps, but
one application that stores audio and MIDI connections and is able to
include virtual synth and fx and is a sequencer and hd recorder,
qtractor does, qtractor is.

Anyway, if I e.g. like to use Rosegarden because of some features and
QSampler because I need a GIG, something better than jack_snapshot and
lash is welcome :).

I'm interested in ladish and glad that somebody did think about the
features ladish will cover. Hopefully I'll be able to use it, while
jack_snapshot is easy to use, lash is a PITA.

I'll be very impressed if this should be fine:

"* Collaborate with the X11 window manager so window properties like
   window position, virtual desktop and screen (multimonitor) are
   saved/restored."

Thank you, a good idea to save this too. I'll give ladish a chance.

Cheers,
Ralf