Re: [LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 11:55:59 EEST

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> writes:

> I welcome ladish, but most of the times I would like to have a
> Linuxsampler DSSI, a Hydrogen DSSI etc. ;).

You prefer DSSI over LV2? In recent years I've spent lot of time on both
JACK session handling problem and LV2. The two technologies have
something in common and have their pros and cons. I think that both are
needed. JACK plugins (apps in session handling environment) provide better
separatation and allow the developer to do more tricks, it is the more
flexible. LV2 plugins provide less overhead, better match the plugin
image in users`s heads, but are more restricte. The LV2 GUI problem is
especially bad, it slows LV2 adoption because hosts and plugins need to
use same GUI toolkit. LV2 External UI extension maybe will fix this,
time will tell. Maybe JACK plugins are more viable than LV2
plugins. After all we have more JACK mini-apps than complex
LV2+DSSI+LADSPA plugins.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>