Re: [LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

From: james morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 22:08:34 EEST

Sorry, had to reply somewhere, and I don't know if devilspie has already
been mentioned.

Devilspie is a window-matching program. Writing the scripts/config to get
it to match a particular window is not too difficult (it uses
s-expressions), so you can get a specific window to always appear on a
particular workspace with the exact geom/pos you wish for.

Apologies also for suggesting something else without having tried out
ladish yet, but if it were to be a little like qjackctl, in having
startup/shutdown scripts the user could write, then it would not be too
difficult to have it remember/restore window positions. It might be
possible that the user would not have to even write these
scripts/configs?

I've been trying a few different window managers lately, and using dwm
(a tiling wm) just doesn't seem the best option for audio apps (a lack
of recent libs disallowed me to build awesome). The other extreme, e17,
is just ummm, no.

James.