Re: [LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 14:08:47 EEST

Ray Rashif wrote:
> How could I forget - e17 actually has _a lot_ of potential. More than
> KDE as a whole.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/E17_bw_screenshot.png
>
> But that's all it has - potential.

I'm an e17 and KDE user and IMHO you are wrong, just because KDE is
stable and e17 very, very often is a PITA. I might be wrong, but I guess
KDE is able to do nearly everything e17 could do + a little bit more.
The only reason not to use KDE3 or KDE4 is the usage of resources by
this DE. In addition I would suggest to use KDE with KWin and not a WM
that needs proprietary graphics drivers. I'm only referring to the so
called "pro-audio" usage.

Ralf