Re: [LAD] Any serious user base in France ?

From: Michael Chapman <chapman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 13:32:25 EEST

On Monday 14 September 2009 10:02 am, Maurizio De Cecco wrote:
> Hallo,

I am developing ambisonic stuff (with Linux) ...

Michael

PS Whilst the conference-language-issue is I think a valid one, the
national-border one is less so. The last LAC was afterall 'just over the
border' in Parma ...

PPS The next Ambisonics Symposium (2010) will be in Paris ... and is unlikely
to escape Linux ..

PPPS Geneva (coloured pink on the francophonie maps) has its "Linux Days" (if
mostly in English) ...

> This is a serious question for Linux Audio and in general multi media
> applications developers.
>
> I am in the program committee of the conference part of a Linux related
> even in france (called Salon Linux), and we are discussing about the
> 2010 conference program.
>
> I may be in the condition to have a Audio or multi media subject added,
> but i can do that only if i have serious evidence of a user base or
> a developer base in france. Most of the subjects are around enterprise
> and industrial development.
>
> The conference is strictly french-speaking, and the access is not
> for free (even if the organisation is stricly on a volunteer base).
>
> So, any French developers here, and any evidence of a French user base ?
>
> Maurizio De Cecco

---
Michael Chapman
rue du Four