Re: [LAD] interesting blog post about syncing blender and ardour

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 13:40:36 EEST

nescivi wrote:
> On Monday 21 September 2009 08:55:56 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Paul Davis wrote:

>>> to cut to the chase: the nvidia binary driver can cause crashes for
>>> RT-patched kernel users.
>>>
>> I guess some people could use 2D instead of 3D animation software ;).
>>

> Like this?
>
> http://animata.kibu.hu/
>
> Quite amazing :)
> (it can receive OSC to interact with other software).
>
> sincerely,
> Marije

Hi Marije :)

wow, this is exactly the kind of software I was looking for. Thank you,
this seems to be excellent software.
Unfortunately there's no Linux version available:
http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html

Will it run on wine? Has anybody from this list used it?

I've got a long todo list and actually no time to test Animata, but I'm
very curios to give it a chance. Maybe I'll upset plans ;).

I also didn't know http://opensoundcontrol.org/, unfortunately the
Wiimote isn't for free ;). In the web I found links how to deceive the
German customs, to get a less expensive Wiimote :D,
http://www.forumla.de/f-nintendo-wii-forum-31/t-wiimote-wo-am-billigsten-kaufen-49959.
I wouldn't be seized with remorse, but the stakes are too high and for
me it's still to expensive.

Anyway, very interesting software.

Cheers,
Ralf