Re: [LAD] interesting blog post about syncing blender and ardour

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 19:16:33 EEST

> then either convince someone to finally write a JACK client that does
> the conversion between SMPTE and JACK Transport, or alternatively buy
> a SMPTE<->MTC converter box. they don't cost much (less than someone
> should get paid to write that client, thats for sure).

Stand alone converters are around 300$/€ to 550$/€. Spending that much
money there are some other proprietary solutions for video and audio
sync. The problem with interfaces might be, that they only come with Mac
and Win drivers, but for the same price as such stand alone converters
they have got some additional features. I wouldn't recommend to use
Linux with such expensive converters. Spending that much money there are
better ways for setting up a video and audio machine by using a
proprietary OS, resp. someone could ask the vendor to write a Linux
driver too, but I don't think they will do it.