Re: [LAD] (Somewhat OT) Advice needed on distro choice

From: Guido Scholz <guido.scholz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 22:21:08 EEST

Am Wed, 23. Sep 2009 um 20:26:03 +0200 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:

> Hello all,

Hi Fons,

> So what distro should I go for ? Having to spend weeks
> compiling everything from source is not an option.

what about CentOS 5 with the CCRMA extensions:

<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installplanetcentosfive.html>

CentOS is not that type of rapidly moving target like Fedora but with
equal administration tools. This would also honor Fernandos efforts.

> Anyone able to point in the right direction will receive
> my eternal gratitude which could be expressed in quantities
> of fine Italian food and drinks if the occasion arises.

Sounds attractive, Parma is not too far away.

Guido

--
http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/
http://www.lug-burghausen.org/