Re: [LAD] MidiSport vs. UA25

From: Arnout Engelen <lad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 22:50:43 EEST

I ran into a benchmark tool at http://github.com/koppi/alsa-midi-latency-test/
and ran it though my MidiSport 2x2 Anniversary Edition (no firmware upload
required :) ) and Edirol UA-25EX.

Attached are the results on an untuned Debian Testing machine (2.6.30-1-686)
started with 'chrt -f 50 ./src/alsa-midi-latency-test -s 40'

The Edirol sure outperformed the MidiSport - the difference didn't seem huge
though.

(at the time of writing you need to add some symlinks to
/usr/share/automake-1.10/... to make it build right, mailed the author about
that already).

Regards,

Arnout