Re: [LAD] Fwd: [Flac-dev] (Universal) Ambisonic implementation

From: Michael Chapman <chapman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 10:31:19 EEST

On Monday 21 September 2009 8:38 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 06:48:31AM +0000, Michael Chapman wrote:
[ . . . ]

> > There is a more general solution that has attracted wide
> > support. (see below).
>
> True. And while this is not 100% what I'd want I do support it.
>
> Note:
>
> That paper refers to me twice, as the author of AmbDec and
> Tetraproc. Neither of those reads or writes files, so the
> comments made in those reference are somewhat out of place.

Yes and no.
The document's title is "A Standard for Interchange of Ambisonic Signal Sets:
Including a file standard with metadata."
         <http://mchapman.com/amb/reprints/AFF.pdf> (191KB)
It possibly can be criticised as having its origins in 'file standards'
rather than 'signal set standards', but the final version was meant to
countenance streaming as well as files (Winfried Ritsch of Graz -one of the
authors- great interest is in streaming.)

> But anyway, AmbDec already supports SN3D (and N3D and FuMa),
> and future releases of Tetraproc will do the same.

Excellent! (And thank you, the 'bricks' are coming into place.)

Regards,

Michael