[LAD] Audio booth at OpenSourceExpo 2009 in Karlsruhe, Germany?

From: Frank Neumann <beachnase@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 22:02:48 EEST

Hi,
[this is mostly addressed to Linux Audio friends from Germany's Southwest]

from November 15th-16th, 2009, the German Software&Support Media Group is
hosting the "OpenSourceExpo" in Karlsruhe, Germany. I am not exactly sure
yet about its target audience, but it appears like a "small brother" of the
LinuxTag with a more local attitude.

They offer free booth space, tables and wLan access for free software projects,
and I was thinking about applying for a booth there to show off some of the
current Linux Audio developments there, as we did when LinuxTag was still in
Karlsruhe (2002..2005 or so). That would mean setting up the booth with
computer, monitor, mixer, speakers, keyboard etc, and preparing some demo
material.

However, this task would need 1 or 2 more volunteers to man the booth during
that time (please note: This is on a Sunday+Monday!). If anyone is interested,
please get in contact with me off-list (or even here).

Find more information about the OpenSource Expo here:
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2009/14664.html (german)
http://it-republik.de/konferenzen/opensourceexpo09/

Thanks for reading,
Frank