Re: [LAD] Non-daw, non-sequencer (fork?)

From: james morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 21:31:49 EEST

On 30/9/2009, "rosea grammostola" <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>Danni Coy wrote:
>> I have taken a look at non daw - and I have to say that I am sold on
>> the concept (particularly using jack/lash/midi infrastructure wherever
>> possible)
>> there are a few extra features I would like to see added. But am
>> incredibly busy at the moment.
>Danni,
>
>That would be cool! I posted this cause it will be a lost for Linux
>Audio if this dies imho.
>
>Btw I think I found one disadvantage in the workflow of non-sequencer.
>You can choose a scale to work in, but the disadvantage afaik is that
>you can't choose notes outsides that scale. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm
>right it seems to narrow the possibilities quite a bit.

I actually found it good that you can't choose notes outside the scale -
and did you know if you change scales then the notes from the old scale
that are outside of the new, are not played - but *are* still there?

I've not played enough with it yet to really take advantage of it, but
as the notes are still there - just not visible or audible, I think this
opens up possibilities rather than narrowing them?

james.