Re: [LAD] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.5 slipped away!

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2009 - 01:28:19 EEST

On 10/03/2009 05:02 AM, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 19:58 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>

>> - A couple of primitive D-Bus interface slots have been introduced ...
>>
> Can somebody give a pointer to why D-Bus is desireable in an
> RT-envoronment? What is the magic we do not wan't to live without?
>
> I am asking this because I am experiencing that the 'Kit'-family is
> doing nameserver lookups before allowing to open a window with my
> current soundcard mixer levels.
>
> That it at times takes more than five seconds to open a window
> displaying only a handful of bytes (locally available), tells me that
> something is not working excactly as intended.
>
> Oh! BTW: Why am I revealing this kind of information about local
> activity to my ISP in the first place?

Surely this particular issue can be disabled?

Dbus support is critical to making sure jack2 and pulse audio work
together ootb without having to use a workaround loader script.

I thought, I also read that it's a compile time option too so if you
don't particularly want it then you can disable dbus support in qjackctl
before starting.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd