Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what's the deal with controlling the aeolus organ?stops via midi

From: David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 04:15:25 EEST

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 23:40 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
> >> There is no such thing as 'aeolus being programmed to switch to
> >> some stop setting'.
> >>
> >> Aeolus has the standard MIDI banks/presets, which you can
> >> load/save from the GUI and recall using the normal MIDI
> >> messages. In most cases that's all that's needed. It also
> >> can use control message #98 to switch individual stops.
> >>

> > fons, i fully understood this
>
> But Fons is right that I didn't know this ;) and for this I agree that
> SysEx is less user-friendly, but NRPNs are also not user-friendly,
> unless Aeolus could send SysEx or NRPN by the GUI, so that a user
> doesn't need to edit anything manually.

Obviously an Aeolus controller/GUI would send whatever Aeolus ends up
supporting!

I don't see where your argument that a custom GUI would be /necessary/
comes from, this isn't true at all. Having a few tracks in a timeline
sequencer for specific stops you want to fiddle with throughout your
track is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

-dr