Re: [LAD] jackd api change, fluidsynth, etc.

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 18:35:16 EEST

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:41:25PM +0200, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:

> In the new jack API the function jack_client_new is deprecated.
> Actually it's not only deprecated:
> Apps using it don't play any sound,

Huu? As far as I know, nothing has changed on the jackd side. Also
jackd2 still provides jack_client_new, so what you see must be something
else.

> I'm thus inviting
> 1. to change all apps which still use jack_client_new to use this instead:

Next Debian's jackd package will contain the following patch:

   http://trac.jackaudio.org/ticket/138

It adds deprecation warnings to the API, so using deprecated functions
results in compiler warnings at compile time. With -Werror, these can
obviously be turned into errors, thus stopping the compiler. It's easy to
catch them.

Note that jackd2 issues a warning (printf) when calling a deprecated
function.

HTH

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver