[LAD] State of Plugin API's

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 15:50:34 EET

Hi guys,

I'm looking to delve into the world of plugins (for both synth and fx),
and of the free API's I find LADSPA, DSSI, and LV2. But the picture is a
little confusing.

It appears that LV2 is "current," that DSSI is deprecated, and that LADSPA
would be deprecated if it weren't so widely adopted. However, LV2 is slow
in being adopted. Is this developer resistance... or is it just too new?

Also, I can't find any applications that will host all 3, nor even
LV2+DSSI. Is there a technical reason for this?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel