Re: [LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

From: David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 08 2009 - 21:08:31 EET

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 12:44 -0600, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> Thanks Nedko....
>
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> >> + Support (at least) extensions A, B, and C.
> >
> > * the MIDI event extension
> > * the Event port extension
> > * the URI map extension
> > * the external UI extension
>
> What about the dynparam extension? That seems appropriate to require from
> a synth host.

This extension is IMO a kludge (because it's not extensible and is too
kitchen sinkey), which is why I havn't implemented it (and won't). It
doesn't mesh well with anything else.

A more generic dynamic ports extension (that allows dynamic
adding/removing of ports without all the other crap) would certainly be
nice though.

-dr