Re: [LAD] GMPI

From: Jeff McClintock <jef@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 22:45:46 EET

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>

> # In-place processing (reusing an input buffer as an output buffer)
must be supported by GMPI. Not critical, in fact VST has removed this
feature. Possible future enhancement.

>say it ain't so jeff! This is a ridiculous bit of cache thrashing. I
haven't followed VST carefully, and you certainly know more about it
than me, but i thought that steinberg did the opposite and got rid of
process_adding() and process_replacing() and required
process_replacing() ("in place") semantics?

Good point. In-place is super-easy to support anyhow, just use the same
buffer as both input and output.

Jeff