Re: [LAD] List of LV2 hosts, plugins and features, add yours here

From: David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 02:56:47 EET

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 02:03 +0200, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> >> Yes, I got that the tool I use is crappy. How ignoring the problem
> >> solves it? I havent said that it is LV2 fault. I complained about
> >> evident turtle/xmlrdf schism. And I declared that I dont want to
> >> participate in web 2.0 wars. I have better things to do.
> >
> > I don't know. Perhaps there is a better visualizer out there? If you
> > are attached to this thing and consider it important (for some reason I
> > really don't understand) then just maintain the document in a way that
> > works well with it and automatically convert to turtle, instead of the
> > other way around.
> >
> > As far as the 'schism' goes, turtle is a W3C 'team submission' now, on
> > track to be a recommendation with a registered MIME type and all that.
> > Support is pretty widespread, and increasing. It's not really a schism,
> > absolutely everybody despises the mess that is rdf/xml ;)
>
> Thanks for being constructive. I've used doap:implements to link project
> with host applications. Is it appropriate? Here is the output of rapper,
> contains some strange stuff but the host-info seems to be fine.

If there's good DOAP docs I don't know where they are... I should
probably twiddle lv2specgen to work with non-lv2 things and generate
some some documentation pages for commonly used vocabularies like doap
too...

Anyway. I didn't know about that predicate, maybe it should be used in
host-info.

> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/zynjacku/website/zynjacku.ttl?rev=203

That doesn't seem like a proper usage to me. From the doap vocab:
(doap:implements) "A specification that a project implements. Could be a
standard, API or legally defined level of conformance.". Doesn't really
apply to a program contained in a project.

I don't see a more appropriate predicate in doap though. There should
be a doap:subProject...

http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/doap-interest/2004-September/000096.html

>From 2004 :/

You could just use rdfs:seeAlso I suppose, though that has a bit less
meaning.

P.S. You have a file: URI as the URI for zynjacku there

> If this ttl is suitable for use in the extension matrix, I'll dig the
> changelog and describe extension support changes though releases.

I think it needs to be supportsFeature rather than supportsExtension, I
didn't realize it until starting work on the tool :/

I'll put together something more coherent and sort out the vocabulary
tomorrow some time

-dr