Re: [LAD] LADI

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 21 2009 - 05:06:25 EET

On 11/21/2009 01:00 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 08:15 PM, Nedko Arnaudov wrote A LOT :)
>
> Nedko, are you on some kind of a meltdown or something?
>
> now that i was making my day (erm, night?:) with your lv2fil plugin, are
> you throwing in the towel (*) ?
>
> certainly you aren't _that_ desperate, i hope.
>
> am i too naive to assume you're just stirring the heavy waters of the
> reactor? ;)

I know exactly where Nedko is coming from.

He has invested a lot of effort into making huge strides in developing
his vision for session management.

I didn't realise that Ladi was being left in the cold by the wider
community.

It's not easy to find motivation for continuing development when a large
subset of your ideas are received as fundamentally flawed because of the
core design choice that enables their existence. In addition being
continually dragged into a heated debate or having flames directed your
way by the people who you are trying to get constructive feedback from
can be extremely tiring, stressful and depressing. Not to mention the
trolls or people feeling trollish at a given moment like to direct their
attacks at the people who are taking the most heat which can be an
additional source of annoyance.

The same issues that Nedko sees with the anti reaction for his work is
the same thing that the PA developers receive and verges on the same
thing the OSS developers have received in the past. Hence there is
usually a conflict and heated argument when these parties contribute to
discussions in the wider community.

The one thing that cannot be denied is that each of the above has
technical merits that the core developers have decided are worth
"compromising" on or developing around to achieve their goals.

I personally see Nedkos work as extremely valuable so I will be making
some time for testing and feedback.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd