Re: [LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

From: Dan Mills <dmills@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 01:02:58 EET

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 23:34 +0100, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> But take into account that 192 kHz is the same
> type of marketing scam as gold-plated optical
> connectors. In other words completely useless.

...For audio!

However, I am seeing something being discussed that could potentially
have utility well beyond audio (think instrumentation applications) and
for that use supporting 192 may well be useful.

In fact, even for such mundane things as measuring the out of band noise
in a new DAC design it would be useful.

Regards, Dan (Who likes the ethernet approach, even if it means the card
has to 'pull' frames over the link with the corresponding latency
issues).