Re: [LAD] Anyone have experience with OSS (3 or 4)?

From: Jussi Laako <jussi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 21:51:13 EET

On 12/11/2009 03:24 PM, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> Does anyone know if OSS supports proper software mixing?

Yes it does, and sample rate conversion too. Works pretty OK.

> Is the alsa emulation working somewhat okay?

I have to say no, it's not. I've got best results with OSS -> jack ->
alsa-jack-plugin.

> Are there any problems configuring the machine to use more than one card?

I haven't encountered any. I usually have three cards and that has been
working fine. Syncing multiple cards is always a bit complex with ALSA
or OSS and I haven't paid too much attention to this. I would assume
using one card with really good number of channels is better solution.