Re: [LAD] Development Release - JACK-sync'd Arpeggiator - arpage

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 20:46:21 EET

Hey again,

Sorry about list-bombing, but this project got the MIDI in me excited..

./configure && make && sudo make install all fine, harry@email-addr-hidden:$ arpage =
gui pops up.

Now for the less tasty part, the GUI doesnt fit on my screen. (15.4" laptop
running 1280x800).
I can see the top 3 arps, ALT-click revealed the 4th one..

Suggestions:
1: Perhaps "Squish" the GUI a little? (dont know how your initializing the
widgets, no experience with GtkBuilder.. yes im still using glade..!)
2: Put arps 3 & 4 beside 1 & 2 it would fit better (widescreen.. :-)
Provides problems if user wants more arps after that.
3: Put one arp up as default (or 2?) and have an "Add Arpeggiator" button in
the window? Might be
a extra work for implementation, even though it seems your using an array:
uis[] (main.cpp:99)
to hold the each arpui instance.
4: Place all Arpui's into a scrolled window. Means that you can NOT see them
all at once, but you can get to all of them.. (not userfriendly IMO though)

Im not really experienced with arps and arp-y music so I cant really comment
on "how well" it works.. I did work though!

Ill be keeping an eye on this, cheers -Harry

PS: I set up:
VMPK -> alsaJackBridge -> Arpage -> jackAlsaBridge -> ZynAddSubFx