Re: [LAD] Anyone have experience with OSS (3 or 4)?

From: Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 14:40:07 EET

It's also true to say that elsewhere, on Windows, if you want to have
low-latency, you also loose the software mixer. AFAIK ASIO drivers and
KS implementations are single-client like alsa.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have alsa as a HAL, and get people
using pulseaudio or jack at application level.

Victor