Re: [LAD] LADI

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 15:39:42 EET

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> The only person I can recall who had an explicit objection to it was
> Fons, who said he would stop using jack if it was accepted. Given that
[snip]
> anyway). I don't think he should be allowed to make the decision for
> the rest of us about what is accepted to trunk and what is not. Also

I recall a few people agreeing with Fons. Plus, Fons is so
frigging thorough that... what should we write? "Yeah!!
What he said!" Hardly an important contribution to the
discussion.

Also, with the reception that Fons got, I'm sure there were
a few like me who kept their mouths shut unless they had
something important to contribute.

Anyway, FWIW, I agreed 100% with Fons... and IIRC he was
open to having an in-JACK session management API provided
that it played nice with a larger, more comprehensive
session manager. (I.e. partial session loading/saving, no
client renaming, etc.)

-gabriel