[LAD] Setting fonts in pixels rather than points

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 26 2009 - 16:31:10 EET

I am trying to fix the size of my UI to be independent of the selected
WM theme. I have a gtkrc (based on the "Ia Oya" engine) which will do
that - except for the font sizes which will vary dependent on how screen
resolution is set globally.

One work-around I have found is to use a font that has only one size. Of
that kind I have found three: "Terminal" (medium sized, looks a bit like
a flattened "9x15"), "Teletext" (like "Terminal" but wider),
"Outcast" (small, "Tek"-like slanted) and "Caption" which is again like
"Terminal but twice the size and more polished.

Are these fonts standard in any distribution? Or a result of the
dependencies of whatever packages I might whimsically have happened to
have currently installed?

[Dots per inch makes little sense when the target could be a cinema
sized 800x600 projector as well as a handheld with similar resolution]