Re: [LAD] GUI for audio application

From: Carlo Ascani <carlo.ratm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 28 2009 - 22:11:44 EET

2009/12/28 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>:
> I disagree. I like a clean style, e.g. the one of Qtractor much more than
> flashy designs, because I can rule it's look. Whereas I do agree, that a
> call for more desktop environment themes is something we need. It would be
> good, if we could choose different themes for different applications. Even
> if I'm not a fan of applications that ignore the theme I chose, at the
> moment I'm glad that some do, because different outfits make it easy to
> discern different apps, with similar functionality. To be honest, I like the
> look of some apps that come with their own style, but on the whole, clean
> themes taken over from the desktop environment's theme will avoid that the
> display looks like a funfair, with it's grotesque sensory overload.
>
> 2 cents,
> Ralf

Ok it could be true, forget about flashy GUIs, for a moment.

I feel the absence of a solid Audio Widget Library, it doesn't mind if
it's in Gtk, Qt, EFL, skinable, fancy etc...
A library that provides 4 or 5 controls but solid like a rock and of
course accessible.
A knob, a slider, a vumeter, a toggle button. All packaged in a
library, to be a point to start for junior devs like me.
Not a library for a specific application, a general library to
provides that simple controls.

I know that libphat exists, but i've found it weird, i'm sorry.
If someone knows some library or want to write a new one is welcome, i
will help as much as possible.

Cheers

--
Carlo Ascani
La politica pratica consiste nell'ignorare i fatti. (Henry Adams)