Re: [LAD] memory leak assistance

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 15:23:47 EET

Am Mittwoch, den 30.12.2009, 07:57 -0500 schrieb Paul Davis:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM, hermann <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
>
> > We use also level meters in guitarix and jcgui, what we do to create the
> > notch scale is, move it to a background box, a simple hbox, witch we
> > connect with a expose call. This way the values and scale only redraw
> > when needed. This is the call we use:
>
> ardour's Gtkmm2ext::FastMeter optimizes even more. we compute the
> difference between the last drawn instance of the meter and the new
> appearance and only draw that the delta. this means that we often get
> away with drawing just a single row of pixels.
>
> http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/branches/2.0-ongoing/libs/gtkmm2ext/fastmeter.cc
>
> see the vertical_expose() and horizontal_expose() methods. Note that
> we are also using precomputed pixbufs and just blitting them.

The LevelMeters we use are highly inspired ( an adaptation) by your
Gtkmm2ext::FastMeter :-) just ported to Gtk+

http://guitarix.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/guitarix/trunk/src/GtkFastMeter.cpp?revision=435&view=markup

The expose call I postet here run only when init or redraw after hiden,
and only the scale and notch values.

regards hermann